Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love. Happiness. List.

This is love for me...This is happiness for me...
This is what I list [strive] for...
These pictures took me a whole afternoon to find/think of. I think the picture of the giving tree represent what I feel about love the best...I remember reading it with my mother when I was little @ the Golden Gate Music Concourse, with the pigeons. At that time, that book always made me feel so sad, and could never understand why the boy is so mean to the tree. Looking at the book now, it is very warm with a clinch at the heart for me, and that is how I feel about love too. :}

The penguin and the boy spells happiness for me. I am not sure how to explain it, but looking at it just puts a smile on my face. I think it's something about the intimacy, the care, the simplicity, and the notion of transcending beyond human and penguins...haha.

Lastly, I chose two pictures for what I strive for. The first one is the close relationship between love and happiness. I believe that with love, happiness will naturally come. Though, this relationship doesn't always work backwards. Sometimes one has to suffer to love, yet in the end, it will all work out. As a great quote from a classmate states, "Happiness should not be the reason to love, but the result." (if I remember this correctly.) Hence, I "list" to live a life full of happiness and love, with the people around me and myself. The second picture represents my desire to quench the curiosity I have for everything this world has to offer.

3 comments:

  1. "Love exists to foster people. Even if that love doesn't bear fruit, maybe it will be nourishment for living."
    --Akiko-san, Kanon (2002)

    I don't know what to think of the giving tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :} great quote...what do you mean by "don't know what to think of the tree."?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean I'm not sure how it makes me feel, as someone who is constantly giving, but happy to give; I am unsure if I am being taken for granted.

    ReplyDelete